Thursday, April 11, 2013
Fallon Services Air Conditioning Services (based in Brisbane) is appropriately licenced through ARC for your peace of mind. All of our installers are licenced to legally install a fluorocarbon gas air conditioner. As part of our refrigerant trading authorisation we are required to keep quarterly records of our equipment including inspection and maintenance records. We must keep records of refrigerant purchased, sold and reclaimed and complete leak testing of gas cylinders. Since we purchased A Approved Air, we also complete the same record keeping for equipment used by our team working as A Approved Air, Air Conditioning Specialists. Read the full article
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Extreme energy use reported - South East Queensland has recorded extreme levels of electricity use in the past weeks; this is believed to be due to the above average usage of air conditioners in our recent high temperatures. Air conditioners alone, are most likely to have lead to the increase in peak demand; with an average of 40 - 50% of the residential network peak in Australia being attributed largely to air conditioning use. However, our traditionally hottest periods of the season are still to come! Read the full article
Wednesday, February 06, 2013
A Daikin Ducted system will provide air conditioned comfort throughout your whole home. The indoor unit is installed in the ceiling or under the floor, attached to this is the flexible ducting that distributes the air through inconspicuous vents throughout your home. The condensing unit is located outside the house. Read the full article
Thursday, November 08, 2012
When replacing your split system air conditioner, window air conditioner, refrigerator or freezer care must be taken to dispose of the old unit correctly. The refrigerant gas in many of these appliances is fluorocarbon which, if released into the atmosphere, has a very harmful effect on the ozone and can contribute to global warming. Read the full article
Wednesday, October 03, 2012
The summer of 2012 - 2013 is set to be a scorcher with higher than average temperatures and below average rainfall for much of Queensland. Read the full article
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Much of the effect of the Australian Carbon Tax is yet to be felt by homes and business across Australia. However some immediate ramifications are already known. Electricity will increase in price (between 2% to 19%), having far reaching effects through every facet of our lives. Refrigeration gas and LPG gas (non vehicle use) will rise in price. Although not an immediate cost, water charges will also rise due to high electricity use in processing and providing the service. Read the full article
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Getting the right air conditioner is important. Too small and you will not be able to cool your home sufficiently. Too big and you will find you have an astronomical power bill. Read the full article
Sunday, January 16, 2011
- Isolate the power to the unit and do not switch the unit on. Every unit has an isolation switch on it or the electrician can do this for you.
- Determine if both the indoor unit and outdoor unit have been flooded or whether just one of the two has been flooded.
- Most manufacturers will void your warranty if the unit has been flooded.
- When a technician arrives they will assess the extent of the damage and decided with you whether the unit is repairable or not or whether you would like to change the unit over. A quote will be provided on site.
- If both units have been flooded it is unlikely that we will be able to repair the unit and we will provide a quote for a straight changeover. In most cases the wiring does not need to be replaced.
- If only the indoor unit has been flooded, it may be difficult to find a replacement indoor unit depending on the age and make of the unit. The newer the unit the more likely it will that you will be able to find a replacement.
- If it is only the outdoor unit that is flooded, we can attempt to clean the operational components, dry them out and see if the air conditioner will operate however we cannot guarantee that the unit will operate or if it works, how long it will operate for.
Read the full article
Tuesday, November 09, 2010
With the rising cost of electricity everyone wants to get the most out of their air conditioner. Often the best way to ensure efficiency is to call an air conditioner servicing company but there are also a few simple things you can do. Read the full article
Friday, November 05, 2010